The Microtubes B3K v2 from Darkglass Electronics is the 2nd incarnation of the B3K and provides you with all the features of the original, plus now with the ability to restore the mids for natural character. The original attack switch has been replaced by the newer tone knob, which gives you added control of the unit's higher harmonic content (3 kHz to 8 kHz). Its grunt switch is still present, as you would expect. The addition comes in the form of a mid boost, giving you a subtle 6 dB boost from 300 Hz to 1 kHz enabling you to cut through a bit more.
It's fundamentally the same pedal Darkglass designed nearly a decade ago – aimed to give you the ideal combination of clarity plus brutality. You can rest assured that this pedal will deliver defined and powerful saturation in an intuitive format.
The Microtubes B3K v2 has a current draw of 20mA. Only use a regulated 9V DC adapter with a center-negative plug. Due to ecological reasons it does not accept batteries. Unregulated power supplies and/or higher voltages may result in suboptimal noise performance and even damage your unit, voiding the warranty.
Features - Controls
- Blend - Mixes the clean input signal with the overdriven signal. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine control of the blend ratio.
- Tone - Controls the high frequency content of the sound. A variable low pass filter from 3 kHz (ccw) to 8 kHz (cw).
- Level - Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive - Sets the amount of saturation in the overdriven signal.
- Grunt - When engaged provides a massive low end boost to really thicken your sound.
- Mid Boost - Gives a subtle 6 dB boost from 300 Hz to 1 kHz to help you cut through a bit more.
- Dimensions: 4.45" × 2.95" (11.3 × 7.5cm)
- Note: Additional specifications and information can be found within the "Darkglass Microtubes B3K v2 User Manual" located under the "Documentation" tab above.